June 1, 2015 through June 29, 2015
2015 Berkeley Artists Guild Annual Member’s Show
This year we have again been honored to hang our show in the Berkeley County Library at the Berkeley County Office Building on Highway 52, Moncks Corner, SC.
Hopefully this prospectus will answer all your questions but if not feel free to call Co-Chairs Pat Brinson 899-5173 or Linda Medders-Jackson 753-7214 for more help
- The show is open to any Berkeley Artists Guild member who has attended 3 meetings since October 2014.
- Paintings must have been completed in the past three years without instructor supervision.
- Artist’s original work only. No prints, giclees, digital artwork, painted-over photos or photography are not eligible. No copies or likenesses of another artist’s work, stock photo site material or copy-righted references.
- Paintings must be framed complete with screw-eyes and wire. Gallery–wrap canvas accepted if sides painted and wired for hanging
- Any work not meeting exhibition standards may be rejected by the exhibition committee at its sole discretion.
- Mixed Media
*** Oil and acrylic may be combined if less than 3 entries in either class ***
Artists may enter every class but may only enter “ 2 “ paintings per class. A fee of $10 per painting will be charged.
Delivery of paintings
Paintings must be hand delivered June 1, 2015 between 9 am and 12 pm to the library.
There will be a hanging crew chosen by the Show Committee to handle acceptance and hanging of artwork.
Best of Show and 1st thru 3rd in each class.
Honorable Mentions awarded at the Judge’s discretion
Award monies will be determined after all entries are in as entry fee money is added to budgeted award money. Entrants will be notified by e-mail “prior” to the Judging what the award money amounts are.
Additional awards may be awarded.
Sales and Liability
No commission will be retained from sales. Library is not responsible for sales. No paintings may be removed from show till show closing on June 29, 2015.
All entries will be at the risk of the entrant. Every precaution is taken when handling entries. Berkeley County Artists Guild, the Show Committee nor the Berkeley County Library assumes responsibility for loss or damage before, during or after the exhibit. Insurance is the sole responsibility of the artist.
- June 1, 2015 9 AM – 12 PM Hand Delivery of Work to the Library
- June 1, 2015 Show Open to the Public
- June 4, 2015 Judging of Entries *** NO *** Guild Member but President Linda Rounds will be allowed to be present at the library while the Juror is there.
- June 5, 2015 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Opening Reception
- June 29, 2015 Closing of the Show
- June 29, 2015 9AM – 12 PM Pickup of Artwork at library ** All artwork must be picked up this day. Artist if unable to make it should make prior arrangement for someone to pick up work.***
To print labels for you artwork, please click the link below: